Senior Software Engineer
VisTracks, a Pioneer in the field of Position and Movement Analytics, has immediate openings for senior software developers with proven experience in delivering revenue-producing software solutions.
The successful candidate will be comfortable proposing and evaluating potential high-level system architectures, and will be an active contributor in the design, development and testing of the core platform technology.
- Design, implementation, testing and documentation of key components of the VisTracks platform
- Participation in design and code reviews with other members of technical staff
- Design of suitable database structure to efficiently house and retrieve relevant information
- Performance optimization and tuning
- Contributing to specific customer engagements as required
- Understand and extend existing codebase
- Excellent analytical, design and problem solving skills
- Experience with software design patterns and software architecture concepts
- Experience with service-oriented architectures including the creation and consumption of web services
- Strong background with Java language and supporting development tools
- Familiarity with database technology, particularly Oracle Spatial, PostGIS, or Microsoft SQL Server
- Ability to work individually with minimum supervision as well as provide technical guidance to more junior developers
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related field
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Strong written and oral communication ability
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Silverlight or Flash development
- Familiarity with GIS
- Familiarity with statistical analysis
To be considered for an opportunity at VisTracks, please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Reference this job description by position name.