VisTracks Hours Of Service
VisTracks™ Hours of Services is a powerful but easy to use tablet-based service certified with US Department of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations for electronic logs and vehicle inspections. Regulations for electronic driving and vehicle inspection logs have become commonplace to ensure the veracity of driver tablet input and ensured compliance with regulations. VisTracks Hours of Service is compliant with federal and state regulations as well as Canadian regulations.
VisTracks Hours of Service is designed to be sold by those companies which sell software and other products and services to fleets large and small. VisTracks Hours of Service is not sold directly to end customers, and is completely white-labelled. Its feature set and ease of use makes it the ideal product to both retain existing customers, or avoid significant development expense and time to market in developing such a product set.
VisTracks Hours Of Services comes in two forms: VisTracks Hours Of Service Silver is a tablet-only app that is fully FMCSA-certified and provide both hours of service and DVIR support. VisTracks Hours of Service Silver uses an Android-based tablet and an ELD (electronic logging device, hardware purchased separately) for electronic logs and vehicle inspections. Several state driving rules, exemptions such as for oil fields are supported.
Building on VisTracks Hours of Service Silver, VisTracks Hours of Service Gold adds a full-featured hosted portal that provides the ability to monitor drivers in the fleet, examine and edit logs as necessary, set up custom inspection categories, view reports, and administer drivers (such as adding or deleting drivers). The portal and tablet stay in synchronization to provide back-office employees a near real time view of their fleet.
A key differentiator for VisTracks Hours of Service is the ability to support numerous Android tablet brands ( iOS expected early Q1 2017). An owner-operator, for example, can purchase an inexpensive Android tablet or use his/her smartphone and be fully compliant using VisTracks Hours of Service Silver. In addition, several ELD hardware brands are supported, including name brands such as CalAmp, Geometris, and Digi as well as other brands throughout a broad price range. Most other Hours of Service vendors require the customer to purchase custom hardware which is expensive and difficult to upgrade. VisTracks Hours of Service provides total flexibility for hardware selection and monetary investment.
Other differentiators include:
- Enhanced and Customized Inspections
- Unlike other providers, out portal’s log grid clearly shows violations
- Slip Seat and Team Driving
- Offline support – disconnected operation
- Automatic retry for loss of connectivity with the ELD
- Two-way integration of portal edits with the device including full edit logging
- Fully integrated portal backend for driver dashboard at home office, feature rich, fully synchronized with tablet and all HOS product options
- Ability to control tablet settings from the portal, such as disabling driver log edits on the tablet by the driver
- Ability to filter log edit reports on portal by consistent codes from a drop down menu—not available on other products which only support free-form entries of reasons for an edit which are difficult to sort by and track
- Easy to use, minimal training required, on-screen documentation to minimize errors and support costs
- Easy to use administration tools for account, vehicle and driver management
- IFTA included in the gold product price when available
- Mobile Worker