VisTracks Announces DOT-Compliant Electronic Logging to Fleet Customers
Sophisticated Suite of Applications to Meet Canadian Electronic Hours of Service Regulations
LISLE, IL (January 6, 2016) –VisTracks, provider of the industry-leading family of Hours of Service and DVIR applications, has announced the latest enhancement to its VisTracks™ Hours of Service Suite of US DOT and Canadian Government-compliant tablet and portal managed services. VisTracks Hours of Services is fully white-labelled and is solely available through VisTracks’ reseller partners under the partner’s own brand.
The United States Department of Transportation has recently issued mandates for fleets to maintain electronic logs to ensure driver compliance to hours of service, rests, work week, vehicle inspections and many other rules. Moreover, many states have issued their own rules for in-state drivers.
The latest enhancement is the full compliance with Canadian transportation rules. Canadian rules are now a standard part of both the VisTracks Hours of Service Silver, Gold, and Platinum products. Key features of the Canadian rules support are:
- Cycle 1 & Cycle 2 for both north and south of the 60th parallel
- Exemptions for Canada Special Permit, Oil Well Service Permit, Emergency Conditions, Adverse Driving Conditions and Short-Haul-No-Log Exemption
- Support of driving rules such as Daily Driving and On-Duty Time, Mandatory Off-Duty Time, Deferral of Daily Off-Duty Time, Splitting Off-Duty Time for single or team drivers
- Cycle Resets and Cycle Switching
- Rules for driving north of the 60th parallel
VisTracks Hours of Service is a US Department of Transportation-compliant tablet app and optional portal which enables drivers to maintain electronic logs of their driving status using DOT nomenclature and graphical log representation, be warned of impending violations, provide for pre and post-trip vehicle inspection (DVIR), and support US Federal and Canadian rules as well as US State rules, including oil field, short haul and other legal exemptions.
In addition, the service will support the use of either ruggedized tablets for long life or low cost Android tablets and smartphones, and connection to electronic logging devices in order to obtain engine data and provide electronic verification of the status the driver enters into the app.
VisTracks Hours of Service is available in the following product configurations for resale:
- VisTracks Hours of Service Silver for Owner-Operators
- VisTracks Hours of Service Gold for Small-Medium Fleets
- VisTracks Hours of Service Platinum for large enterprise fleets (coming soon)
In addition, there are add-on products for mobile work orders, engine data, IFTA and basic tracking. There are also API’s for tablet and portal customization by resellers.
Key features of VisTracks Hours of Service are:
- US Federal, Canada and States compliance, all legal exemptions
- Extremely easy to use, inline documentation minimizes support costs
- Multiple vendor ELD hardware support. Support for almost all Android tablets and smartphones
- Edit and audit capabilities, support of multiple tablets and drivers
- Optional synchronization with the back office portal for improved fleet management, minimization of fines, administration of drivers, log edits
- Customized inspections (DVIR) including camera integration and text to speech for reports
- API’s for partner custom portal integration
- Minimal capital investment required, no minimum order quantity
“We are excited to announce our latest enhancement to our Hours of Service product family,” says Abraham Levine, Chief Operating Officer of VisTracks. “With the latest enhancement, Canadian and US drivers who drive back and forth over the border now have e-log compliance, in addition to those who remain within their respective country’s locales. All can benefit from our feature-rich, easy-to-use product set.”
VisTracks is a leading provider of software and managed services for electronic logging of driver hours of services, vehicle and asset tracking and inspection, electronic work orders, and other services which enable fleets large and small to benefit from compliance and increased efficiencies in an extremely easy-to-use driver app and back-office portal. Services are designed to be sold by fleet and telematics companies, as well as wireless carriers and other channels. For more information, visit www.vistracks.com